Does working with community leaders interest you?
The Portfolio Director is the main point of contact between the Retail Strategies team and our community clients and makes outreach to real estate professionals on behalf of the community. The Portfolio director works directly with Municipalities, Chambers of Commerce, and other Economic Development Agencies within a defined portfolio territory, managing approximately 20-30 clients.
This role requires daily focus, organizational skills, persistent effort, the ability to overcome objections, public speaking skills, effective communication skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. The Portfolio Director will manage client expectations and educate them on the commercial real estate industry and retail recruitment process while also communicating and coordinating with professionals in the commercial real estate industry. This role reports directly to the COO.
- Responsible for keeping the team on track to provide deliverables to client as promised on schedule.
- Client onboarding including introduction to the company, client management software setup, client questionnaire, collecting documents needed to create strategic plan and marketing flyer
- Updating clients through phone, email and management software in with notes on in-market retail recruitment activity by our team, providing quarterly reporting
- Visit each client community once a year
- Attend conferences on behalf of the clients, scheduling and attending meetings with real estate brokers, developers, and retail real estate professionals
- Provide tools and talking points to the City Manager or Economic Development Staff to update City Council or Board on progress of the engagement
- Calling property owners, commercial real estate agents, and retail developers to gather information while building relationships in clients’ markets
- Make outreach via email and phone, reporting on conversations, relationship-building
- At least 3 years of working experience in account management or business development
- Relationships with municipal leaders.
Experience in Microsoft Software and CRM experience
- Public and presentation speaking skills
- Organization skills
- Effective communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Organized and able to focus daily on outreach
- A creative problem-solver
- Effective with verbal, written and in-person communication
- Self-driven and has the desire to exceed expectations
- Experienced with public speaking
Comfortable with traveling for work