Retail Strategies is the leading national advisory firm focused on retail market analysis and strategy, retail recruitment, and real estate development. Community leaders, economic development authorities, Chambers of Commerce, and real estate developers rely on our experienced team to provide tailored solutions to achieve retail growth and success.
What Sets Us Apart?
At Retail Strategies, we exist to measurably improve the quality of life in communities through innovation and entrepreneurial pursuits and live by our core values of being committed, collaborative, respected, and innovative. Our entrepreneurial mindset and culture of collaboration enable us to tailor our services to create unrealized potential, rewarding opportunities, and viable solutions for our clients.
Named the Birmingham Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and Fastest Growing Companies, our culture is designed for personal and professional growth. The positive trajectory of growth in client base, product lines, and revenue offer a great deal of opportunity for team members who excel at their position and are bought in to the long-term vision of the company.
Company Culture: At Retail Strategies, our culture is paramount to our collective success. Our core values of being committed, collaborative, respected, and innovative are the foundation to everything we do. We believe that our people are our best and most important asset, and we expect our team to show up every day ready to hustle, ready to learn, and eager to contribute to the overall success of the company.
Sister Company: Our sister company, Retail Specialists, is the premier real estate services firm in the South with a focus on leasing and brokerage, property management, development, and tenant representation. Together, we exist to measurably improve the quality of life in communities through innovation and entrepreneurial pursuits and can leverage a nationwide network that no other company can match.
We are looking for a Sales Manager executive to shape our sales organization and scale revenue to the next level. The ideal candidate will be responsible for architecting a sales strategy and supporting a team of Business Developers in multiple regional offices. The person should be excited by selling into new markets, new services lines and products, strategizing next steps, negotiating complex deals and beating the competition in head-to-head opportunities.
- Hire, support, and train Business Development team (professionals working both in headquarters and remotely) to achieve and surpass company revenue goals
- Develop an annual sales plan to portray the path of achieving and surpassing Company’s sales goals
- Prepare forecasts and KPI reporting for company leaders for use in organizational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting, and strategic planning
- Evangelize the product and service lines and personally help close large deals
- Work collaboratively across teams – including Leadership, Product Implementation, and Marketing
- Establish the inbound lead requirements needed to meet your sales objectives
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with Business Development team, Company leaders, and prospects externally and internally
- Collaborate with members of the Marketing team to penetrate key markets, meet revenue goals, and generate leads
- Develop sales policies that reflect the organization’s goals
- Establish customer relationship management (CRM) guidelines to provide visibility and accountability at every state of development
- Investigate factors impacting sales performance and adjust and pivot accordingly
- Leverage innovation to maximize revenue of traditional and digital assets and products
- Monitor changes in the industry and leverage them for business opportunities
- Participate in forums to keep abreast of new changes in the industry and practices
- Promote positive relationships with prospects and partners to understand their needs
- Provide advice, counsel, and encouragement to Business Development team when preparing bid documents and proposals for key prospects
- Provide input on sales incentive structure and key performance indicators to help monitor targets
- Provide input regarding content development to the Marketing team based on customer and industry feedback
- Recommend changes in pricing structures in product lines or products as needed
- Review sales performance by analyzing performance reports and report to Company leadership as needed
- Meet regularly with Business Developers as a team and 1:1 to provide needed support, encouragement, and accountability to reach and surpass Company sales goals
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven ability to set and exceed sales goals
- 7 years of relevant sales experience including management of CRM and a track record of exceeding sales goals
- Experience working in a small-to-medium business with business-to-business government sales
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strength in problem solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong leadership and team building skills