Aug 17, 2022
Does your Walmart have a Market Fulfillment Center?
During recent travels Bill Read, executive vice president of Retail Specialists, came across a Walmart adding a new Drive-Thru Pick-up service and a Market Fulfillment Center (MFC) in the store. An MFC is a partially automated storage and retrieval system for picking and packing orders for pick up or delivery.
- Walmart first tested the system in 2019
- Includes drive-thru for customer pick-up
- A few new locations were announced, such as Jacksonville, FL
- By adding 10-20,000 sq ft to existing stores, delivery and pick-up are faster.
- Images of new construction at Turkey Creek Walmart in Knoxville, TN